Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Crustacean Celebration

Today was the first day of the 16th Louisbourg Crab Festival. The festival took place on the waterfront and along with crab dinners, they had great entertainment and games for the children. Unfortunately our little guy fell asleep on the drive over and was still sleeping when we arrived, so we just let him finish his nap while Mommy got the dinners and Nanny looked after him.
Even though I am a proud Nova Scotian, I can honestly say that this was the first time I have ever tasted crab from home. Before leaving Maryland, I had the delightful experience of feasting on their crab and truly loved every minute of it. So I thought it was my duty to try Nova Scotian crabs.
To say the least, I was not disappointed. In fact, I now officially declare crab to be on top of my list of favourite foods. The snow crab consisted of mainly the legs, however there was an abundance of meat. I was actually surprised by the amount of delicious meat there was. After I devoured the meal, I was very tempted to make the 45 minute drive back to gobble down another. However we had other things to do today. At least, I am now aware of how delectable crab really is and even though I didn't get to fully participate in this festival, this is definitely my favourite thus far :) :) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home