Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My 35th Birthday

My day started by seeing the beautiful post that my wonderful husband did for me (see below). I was so touched by his loving message. Then our son came and wished me a Happy Birthday and immediately wanted me to open my presents that he and Nanny picked out. Since the sun had made its' appearance for the first time in over a week, we decided that we definitely had to get out of the house for the day. We decided to drive to Baddeck but go a different route, choosing to across the Grand Narrows ferry. It had been years since I last was across that ferry. It was a wonderful drive in the countryside. I even grabbed a few caches along the way. Once in Baddeck, we walked around for awhile. The sun, by this time, was very bright and it was getting hot. Soon we were getting hungry and so Mom treated Tyler and I to a nice birthday lunch at the Cedar House. I decided to have the fried haddock dinner which was sooo good!!! Then the waitress asked if we wanted dessert and since we didn't get a birthday cake, I decided to go for the chocolate lava cake. It was divine!!! It had a warm chocolate sauce in the middle. Mom is cooking me my favourite, ham dinner for my birthday dinner this weekend. She makes the best ham ever!!! I wanted today for us to enjoy and not have to worry about staying close to home preparing a meal. It was so nice getting out. We really had a wonderful time. Just when I thought my day couldn't be more special, I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Steve :) :) :) And enclosed was a sweet note. Even though he couldn't be here, he sure did make up for it. Steve, I love you so very much!!! You always know how to make me happy. Today, just when I thought all the celebration was over, Rhonda gave me a batch of Yummy Squares that she made and delicious bread rolls that her mom made. Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes. I was quite overwhelmed by them all. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such caring people in my life. After all this, I decided that turning 35 isn't so bad after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home