
Today was Tyler's big day, it was his very first day of preschool. We've been waiting for this day for awhile now. A teacher friend of mine raved about this particular preschool and how much her son learned by attending it after I made a comment about how intelligent her son appeared. She gave full credit to the school. So I soon checked it out and we were put on a waiting list. Turned out they called us with the news of an opening just two weeks before school started. Tyler and I attended an open house last week and while I was very impressed with the school, Tyler was very excited to start.

As soon as we ate our breakfast and got dressed Tyler wanted to go to school right away. I had to explain to him that it was still too early to go and that we had to wait another few minutes. At least, he was excited to go. I was a little afraid he might be too shy after Steve and I explaining to him that we won't be there and that it will be just him and his classmates and the teacher. He is with me 24/7. When we first arrived to the preschool everyone was waiting in a small room. Every step I made, Tyler was right behind me holding on to my leg. I got a little worried at first, but then when the kids started to get in line he had no problem. He gave me a huge hug, which totally melted my heart, and then I gave him a kiss. He got in line and gave his cute smile, which set my mind at ease. I pretty much knew at that point that he was going to be OK.

Before long he and his classmates were off to start their exciting first day. It was hard not to shed a tear watching him walk away. He looked so grown up this morning. I'm not sure what happened, but I think he grew over night! Coming home to the house, I felt very lonely. I didn't want to vacuum in case, the school was calling for something. Before long, it was time to pick him up. The first things he said were 1) they had a Canadian drink and Canadian snack (he said it was apple juice and he wasn't sure what the snack was called...LOL 2)there were 8 kids in his class 3) he played with 4 balls and 5)he has lots and lots and lots of friends now. Afterward, I asked where he wanted to go for lunch and he said he wanted to go to the "milkshake place", which is Chick-fil-A and then we went to Target to buy a special treat. He picked out Scooby Doo Matchbox Cars. On the way home, he fell asleep in the car. I carried him in to his bed, where he continued his nap for about an hour. Overall, a very good first day at preschool! My baby is getting sooo big!!!
1 Comments:
At 2:29 p.m., September 09, 2009 ,
Anonymous said...
Tyler,Nanny is Soooo proud of you for showing your enthusiasm on your "very first" day of preschool,(no tear's,no fuss)...just eager to begin a journey that will take you on many adventure's for the rest of your lifetime,no matter where it take's you,alway's keep your aim upon the goal that you want, to bring you success ,but most of all that it will bring you love ,joy and happiness.Love you always and forever.Nanny xxooxxoo.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home