
Nope, you didn't forget, we're just a day early! Since we'll be in the car tomorrow on our way to Cumberland, Maryland for a caching weekend that involves the Maryland Geocaching Fall Picnic, we decided to celebrate Steve's birthday today. Tomorrow Steve turns 36 years old!

Today I spent the day in the kitchen preparing for Steve's very special birthday dinner. I attempted to recreate the Smith Island dinner we so much enjoyed about a month ago when we visited the island. The cake I made had 8 layers and was lemon flavoured. It broke my mixer and took three trips to the grocery store, but it was well worth it. The dinner was crab cakes, corn and a special stewed tomatoes that had a cinnamon flavour.

After dinner, it was gift giving time. Tyler and I gave Daddy a Bjork movie titled 'Dancer in the Dark'. Steve is a Bjork fan and we don't already own this movie, so Tyler and I were pretty sure he would like this gift. Overall, Steve had a very nice birthday. Tomorrow we'll continue the celebration, but it will be from on the road.
2 Comments:
At 9:38 p.m., October 01, 2009 ,
Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday Steve !!! Looks like Heather made a great meal and the Cake looked terrific. Thank You, Heather for taking such good care of my
son ! Have a great time on your week-end get away!! Sophie says "Happy Birthday too". !!
Love, Mom
At 8:06 a.m., October 02, 2009 ,
Anonymous said...
"Happy Birthday Steve"hope you enjoy the day,Love from Marina,Snuggie and of course your buddy Luigi.We will be in touch soon(card's in the mail)Enjoy the your weekend,have fun.Hi to Heather and Tyler,Love you all,hug's xxooxx....Nanny.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home