Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, November 23, 2009

In Stitches

A few weeks ago, I found out that Larissa knows how to knit. Although I've attempted crocheting before and was very unsuccessful, I've always wanted to learn how to knit. My dream is to one day be able to knit either a pair of mitts or a sweater. When I heard Larissa knew how to knit I asked her if she could teach me someday. She surprised me last night by presenting me with a beginners kit and a HUGE big ball of yarn. She patiently showed me how to do the stitches and I tried my best to follow through. There were some hair pulling moments, but over all it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be...thanks to Larissa's good instructing. Over time and with A LOT of practice, I think this new hobby will be fun. And most importantly, I am thankful that Larissa is getting stationed with us in Norfolk because I'm sure I'll need extra help from time to time. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home