Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, February 06, 2010

If I Had a Hammer...

The other day our friend, Rhia, told us about this program they have for kids where they actually get to build their own projects. Tyler and I were very excited about it and so today we met up with her and her children to take part. First of all, I must say I was highly impressed. Everything was free!!! They gave Tyler his own apron and kits with everything he needed to complete the projects. The first project we made was a race car display case. Wow, all the hammering and the wood totally brought back memories of shop class. Tyler did pretty good with the hammer. He was so proud of himself and so was I. Well, after we were finished with that project we had lots of time to do another, so we chose to make a mini wagon. Oh it turned out sooo cute!!! We had a fantastic time and next week the other hardware store is hosting another workshop for kids, so you know where we're going to be!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home