Growing Plants & Friendships
Before Steve left to go to boot camp, he asked our neighbours back home to look after Luigi and Sophia while we are away. Ute phones me every now and then just to touch base and let me know how everything is going. She said the cats are doing fine and greet her at the door when she comes. Yesterday she phoned me and said she e-mailed some photos that she took of our plants, so that eventhough we are not there we could enjoy them.
Ute and Anthony are the best neighbours anyone could ever ask for! Steve and I agree that we really don't know what we would do without them. They are always there to lend a hand. When we were there, Ute would constantly bring over some baked goodies that she had made for us to try. Oh and they are soooo good!!!

Just before I left to go to Canada, she came over and she and I made a german meal together. It was so much fun and really tasty too! She promised me that we are going to get together again when I come back home and she is going to show me how to make her secret recipe-Black Forest Cake! I'm so honoured that she is going to show me because she said family members have even asked her how she makes it but she continues to keep it a secret, but for me, she said she will show me :)

Getting back to the photos that Ute took, you can see that our green peppers are out, there are new buds on the roses that Kristin and Joe gave us, the mums we planted last year are blooming again, and our periwinkles are absolutely beautiful; just as beautiful as our friendship with our wonderful neighbours! This blog post is for you, Ute and Anthony; thank you for everything!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home