Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Things Back Home

Yesterday when Ute phoned, she said that she took some photos for me to see. I couldn't wait to get in my inbox to see how things were back home. When I opened up the e-mail, there were photos of our babies, Luigi and Sophie! It seems like such a long time since I last saw them. Ute said that they were doing just fine now and that Luigi is even getting used to having her around. Luigi is the typical scaredy cat of everything.



Sophie is enjoying her spot on the table where she can see everything that is going on in the neighbourhood. How I miss our little fur babies so much! I just can't wait to get them home and pick them up to give them a big squeeze and kiss.




Our tomotoes are still producing more. This totally blows my mind because we never thought we would have nearly this many. Ute said there looks like there are two more on the way, however the leaves are starting to fall off.

Then there is my roses. The buds from last week and in full bloon this week! And what a beautiful colour they are. I almost forgot what colours they were suppose to be.
Thank you again, Ute, for looking after everything while we're gone and thank you so much for taking the photos!
Steve Update: This was the first day of convoy training. They gathered all the soldiers up this morning and they attended classroom training. Steve said that the classroom is also the tent they are sleeping in. It was 115 degrees today, but he said he was still comfortable. Tomorrow they have a very early rise; they have to get up at 3 am! Oh and they are eating MREs because they are in a remote part of the base now. MREs are Meals Ready to Eat. Steve brought a few home one time. They are in this bag and all you need to do is shake them up to heat them.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home