Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Not Himself Today :(

This morning Tyler woke up with a fever. I noticed during the night he woke up a few times but just for a small brief amount of time. His energy level was very low today; he just was not himself at all. So I went down and got some fever reducer and after lunch he went for his nap. He slept for awhile and when he woke back up, he was totally back to himself again. But then about an hour and a half later, he started to get hot again. We are hoping that this is just a result of him teething. He has been getting a lot of teeth in lately, which include the molars.

I just feel so helpless and sad when he is sick. It just breaks my heart to see him like this. Tyler is always such a happy boy with a load of energy. I pray that he gets better very soon!

*********
Steve Update: Steve called this afternoon. He didn't get to sleep until 5 a.m. this morning because they had to unload the plane and take care of some business when they arrived in Kuwait. He was informed that he has to take part in convoy training, so he will be in Kuwait another 4-5 days before heading to Iraq. The temperature there was 105 degrees. He said it was very similar to the weather in Sicily and said he didn't realise how much he missed that kind of weather. Steve also said that there is a McDonald's, a Subway, a chow hall with all kinds of food, and an ice cream place, so at least he will have some of the comforts of home there. He also said that everything is in tents and trailors and that he will try to get some photos to post on the blog to show you all what it's like.

I have added a countdown on the right hand coloumn of this blog. Eventhough it will seem like a long time before we get him back home, I will have this to remind me that time is ticking away and it is getting closer to when we will be together again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home