
The Cape Breton Exhibition is always a huge draw for the locals. Being a horse lover, I wouldn't dare miss the "Ex" when I was growing up. I had several friends that competed in the horse classes and in my later years, I even was a competitor myself. So when Charmaine phoned yesterday and asked if Tyler and I wanted to go with her and Kelly and Cameron, I was not about to say no. I couldn't wait to go!!!

After we watched barrel racing, which was sooo much fun, even Tyler was clapping his hands, stomping his feet, and squealing with excitement, we headed on over to see the booths. Tyler really liked seeing the chickens and he even tried to copy the cocadoodledo of the rooster.

It was great to see the 4-H displays. They brought back fond memories of my 4-H days. I was a proud member of 4-H for about 8 years and we always participated in the "Ex"with our many projects including cake decorating, crafts, and photography.

The "Ex" even has games for the children to play. Tyler went fishing at the pond and won an inflatable hammer. The Bill Lynch Shows were also there with carnival rides. Tyler laughed so much when we first drove up because he could see the people on them. Unfortunately the line to purchase the coupons for the rides was way too long.

Finally it was time to go in the barns and view the remaining animals. We saw more horses, including miniature horses, as well as cows. Then we went back to the main arena and caught another light horse class in progress. Before long it was time to get back on the road. It was absolutely wonderful going back to the "Ex" and reliving my childhood again with my son.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home