Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Road Trip to Antigonish!

The other day Rhonda asked if I was interested in going on a road trip with her to Antigonish. Mom offered to look after Tyler, so Rhonda and I had the whole day to explore. It had been awhile since Rhonda and I did one of our road trips, so it was nice to get out. Of course, with any kind of road trip there is always caching involved too. We stopped to do a few quick and easy caches along our route. One of the places we choose was at a church trail called Tepeyac. The trail was in rough shape, however it was really neat because they had photos all along the trail depicting the story of Jesus. Did you know that the largest candy and chocolate shop in Canada is in Cape Breton? I just found this out today! I heard people talking about the Candy Shop that opened last year and Rhonda and I checked it out today for the first time. The Candy Shop even had a chocolate bar! After our visit to the Candy Shop, it was back in the car to our destination of Antigonish where we visited the mall. We walked around for a bit and then decided to head back to Port Hawkesbury where we stopped for a brief break there to check out the stores there. It was a great day and we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. Rhonda and I are planning on doing another road trip soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home