Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, May 09, 2011

Happy Mommy's Day

My Mother's Day started out by my sweet boy giving me a most precious drawing of us together by a tree with the words "For Mom I love you! Tyler" written on it.He gave me a big hug and kiss and wished me a Happy Mother's Day. What more could a mom ask for? It was super cute!!! We made plans with Sandra and her kids since they were going to be alone on this special day. However the Mediterranean cafe we were going to treat ourselves at was closed on Sundays, so we had to make alternative plans. Since they were over our way we decided to find a place to eat around here. We went to an Italian restaurant that Steve and I like and ordered take-out. We brought it back to the apartment to eat so we could relax more and the kids could unwind.
After we ate, we watched the kids play in Tyler's room. Criss Cross Crash was the main focus for most of the afternoon. We had a blast with the kids trying out all the cars on the track and seeing which ones would last the longest without being thrown off. Then Larissa came over. She was also without not only her husband on this special day, but also her kids since they live up north. So us military wives and children gathered together to make it a little better so we wouldn't be so lonely.
We talked and played with the kids for the longest time. Before we knew it, I looked at the clock and I couldn't believe it was after 7. We needed to get the kids fed, so we ordered pizza since there wouldn't be any cooking by us on our special Mommy's Day. When the pizza came, it was getting late especially since it was a preschool night. Sandra and her kids went home, Tyler finished up his dinner and then went to bed. Larissa was staying over night, so we got out the Italian treats she brought over for us. We ate and talked until it was quite late.Overall, it was sooo nice having some company over so Tyler and I wouldn't be so alone on Mother's Day. I am blessed not only for my terrific and loving son, but also for some awesome friends nearby. Thank you Larissa for the Italian treats and the beautiful illegally picked flowers (long story) and thank you Sandra for the pretty red carnation. To all the other mother's out there, especially Mom, Sandy, and Wanda, I hope you had a beautiful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home