Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Don't Put your PAWS on me Fiddle

In preparation for my friend, Erika's visit, Mom and I spent the morning gathering up some items that she no longer needed or wanted, to donate to The PAWS Mart. The PAWS Mart is a thrift store which accepts gently used items such as clothing, books, toys, dishes and other useful items to generate much needed profit to our local S.P.C. A.

Before the S.P.C.A had their thrift store, they used to accept books for their monthly book sale to raise money for the animal shelter. We used to donate books on a regular basis, but now since opening the thrift store, my mom can now unload some of her other stuff she no longer wants and continue to support a terrific cause. There was also a lot of my old stuff from when I lived here that I decided to donate. Mom and I are huge animal lovers, so whatever we can do to help feed and take care of these poor orphans, we are there to help.

Afterwards, we decided to play tourist, by going down to the Sydney waterfront and have our photo taken in front of the huge fiddle. It is suppose to be the biggest fiddle in the world! It usually plays music, however today it was taking a break. We look so tiny in front of it, however if you click on the photo you can enlarge it and see us a bit better.

Steve Update: Steve and I were able to chat a little this morning and he informed me that he was then in Kuwait. They arrived late last night. He called this afternoon and we talked for a few minutes, before he had to go. Then I received a message from him tonight saying that he was now in back in Iraq. They are in a different part of the country then before and should be there for a few more days. I'll be so glad when he is completely finished with Iraq; two more weeks to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home