Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Tyler Turns 19 Months Old Today

Since it was Tyler's special day today, Mom and I decided we should take him to the beach again and let him have lots of fun. Mom wanted to go out to Gabarus this time, but I really didn't know of any beaches out there so we just drove around and eventually came to Belfy Beach. We had already been here about a month ago, but because it is such an amazing spot, we decided to go back. You just can't get enough of this place!

We spent our time on the beach collecting pretty rocks to add to our rock collection at home. Tyler noticed me putting rocks in my pocket and he soon figured out what the pockets were for on his jeans and started to do the same! He filled both pockets up till they were full. Then he tried to walk and found he had a heavy load so he unloaded some.

Some of the rocks Tyler collected, he passed to Mom and I to keep. One of the rocks he found and gave to me was heart shaped. It was very pretty! Tyler and I decided we are going to give this special heart shaped rock to Grammy as a souvenier of what a great day we had on the beach today. Grammy has quite the collection of rocks herself, so this rock will be a fine addition to it.


Tyler just kept walking and walking. We practically walked the entire beach. We were quite surprised with how much energy he had. I guess he truly loves the beach and it showed. It was nice because we had the whole beach to ourselves. It was getting past noon though and Mom and I were starting to get hungry, so we decided to turn around and head back to the car.


I took a photo of the rocks we collected. My mom found the beautiful pink ones, the bright yellow one and the mini sand dollar. I found the green one with the white strip in the middle. Tyler found the purple ones and of course the heart shaped rock.
I still can't believe my little boy is 19 months old now. How blessed Steve and I are to have the most sweetest, most loving, caring, and happiest little boy as our son. God is good to us!

Steve Update: Steve is happy to report that they got their first interview today and it was done at Saddam's main palace! Steve even got to use Saddam's royal bathroom! The story was on some sailors that became chief. ****CONGRATULATIONS TO STEVE'S BROTHER, BRIAN, WHO JUST GRADUATED FROM NAVY BOOT CAMP. HE IS AN OFFICIAL SEAMAN NOW!!! WAY TO GO BRIAN!!!!*****

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home