HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!
Today is my mom's birthday and since it is very special day today, I asked her what she wanted for her birthday. Her reply was for me to make the meatloaf I made for her and dad last week (it's actually Steve's mom's recipe...it's really good) for dinner and to spend some time at the beach with Tyler and I. However before doing so, Tyler and I presented her this morning with some beautiful heart shaped flowers, which she really likes.
Then after I made the meatloaf, we decided that we would go to Kennington Cove. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. It was the most perfect day to spend on the beach to walk around, look at rocks and shells and take in that incredible Atlantic sea air. During our walk, my mom discovered a huge rock that looked like it had a heart on it. The heart was even a pink colour! My mom always finds really neat things when we are on the beach. I guess that's one of the reasons why she just loves it there.
Actually today was not only birthday themed, but also heart shaped themed. We gave her heart shaped flowers and found the heart shaped rock; it must be because we love her so very much!!!
Mom I hope you are having the best birthday ever, because you are the best mom ever!!! We are so blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for everything you have done for us over the years. With all our love and best wishes for the coming year and always! XOXOXO Steve Update: Steve phoned today from Baghdad. Yes, he is finally in Iraq and anxiously awaiting to start their news stories. They arrived in Iraq this morning and said they base is huge.

3 Comments:
At 6:10 p.m., September 19, 2007 ,
Jayran & Christopher said...
Happy Birthday Heather's Mum!
At 10:35 p.m., September 19, 2007 ,
Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday to the best Mom-in-law ever (I call her that because she isn't just a "mother," she is a Mom). Our "mom" means the world to me - she came to help me when I needed her most, and when her son needed her most (when I had my wreck and couldn't even take care of myself, literally).
She came and took over like only a Mom can - she helped me bathe, she helped me get in and out of bed, she helped Joe change my bandages, she helped me when I was nauseated, she helped me when I literally couldn't even stand unassisted. She also helped my husband, her son, get through one of the worst times of our lives.
She cooked and cleaned when I couldn't, and even planted flowers that are growing beautifully now, leaving her touch here in our home for us to enjoy even when she's not here.
She helped my children, even though they're not Joe's, she treats them as her own family and they love her for that. She stood by them and encouraged them when they knew that their mother was suffering. She cried when I cried. She laughed when I laughed. I could never ask for a better
Mom in law, and we love her very much! We wish we could be there on her special day, but we are there in our hearts and want her to know that she is loved and appreciated more than she could ever know.
I love you, Mom!
Kristin and Joe (and Justin & Nick, and the catz Sable, Ginger, Sophie, Olivia and Patches)
At 12:54 p.m., September 20, 2007 ,
erika said...
Happy (belated) Birthday! It looks like it was a beautiful, fun day - if only I could have a birthday like that.. but it's in freezing cold November=P Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home