Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Home!!!


Well, after three months, we are finally back home. We arrived yesterday afternoon. Our day started very early in the morning, 3:00am to be exact. Soon after we got on our Sydney to Halifax flight, Tyler fell back to sleep. Then what was suppose to be a 3 hour wait in Halifax, turned out to be a 4 and a half hour wait because of mechanical problems with the plane. They eventually put us on a different plane. Instead of the stroller, I had Tyler in a harness and all that running around in the airport wore him out, so soon after our take-off he was sound asleep again. He slept for most of the flight and then played with the 4 year old boy in the seat in front of us.

When we got off the plane, I told Tyler to look for Daddy, as he was waiting for us at baggage claim. I then noticed Steve from far away and told Tyler that Daddy was very near. He soon saw Steve and a huge smile came on his face, he started to run towards him and wave his hands. It was very touching to see. He loves his father so much!!!

Steve is on duty this week at work, however he asked someone to fill in for him so he could take rest of the day off. I am sooo happy to be home with my husband!!!!! Speaking of, when we pulled into the driveway, I couldn't believe my eyes...Steve painted the exterior of the house!!!! And he planted all kinds of more mums in the yard. Everything looks really nice.

As soon as we came in the door, Sophia was there to greet us. She started to purr and rub up against Tyler. Weeg, on the other hand, took off to the bedroom at the fear of "new people" in the house. It wasn't long before Tyler was into his toys and chasing Sophie around the house. Steve and I sat down together on the sofa and just enjoyed having our family back together again :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home